Railroads in the mid-19th Century brought economic prosperity to Canadian communities. In the 20th Century, electricity, telephone, and paved roads were the engines of community wealth creation. A Community’s well-being in the 21st Century will depend on embracing the enabler of the knowledge economy, ubiquitous ultra-broadband Fibre-to-the-Premise (FTTP). The major cable and telephone companies, Telecom […]
The arrival of the railroad in the mid-18th Century, electricity in the 19th, and the telephone in the 20th brought economic prosperity to countries and communities that were early adopters of these technologies. Beneficially, they removed distance between communities, increased trade, created jobs, and improved living standards. In the 21st Century, ubiquitous symmetric Gigabit broadband access […]
By Eamon D. Hoey MBA, CMC and Ronald J. Pickett MBA, CMC
North American telephone and Cable TV companies have a significant investment in last mile copper networks. They are generally not deploying last mile Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH). Where they are deploying FTTH, they are not offering gigabit speeds needed to support emerging information age […]
- Leaders Do Not Wear Baseball Caps
- Where Can I Find Opportunity?
- “Free to Choose” by Milton Friedman
- Stumbling Corporate Stars
- Best of the Best Self-Management Books
- The Start-up of YOU!
- Why Companies Choose to Fail
- The Customer has Made a Comeback!
- Canada – 100 Times Slower Than Google Fibre!
- Innovation Trumps Cost Cutting
- Contemporary Business Books
- Gigabit Access, the Engine to Prosperity
- Sweating the Copper
- Time for BCE to Think Globally
- How to Improve the Performance of Acquisitions
- How to Forecast Your Rivals’ Strategic Moves
- How to Avoid the Pitfalls of Change Management
- IT – Afterthought or Disruptive Enabler for Strategic Change?
- Create Your Own Future!
- Best of the Best Books on Organizational Change and Culture
- Best of The Best Strategy Books
- Seven Beacons of Strategy Development
- Which Competitve Strategy?
- Five Crucial Activities of the Transformational Leader
- Strategic Abandonment Delivers Growth
- Entrepreneurs, the Forgotten Engine of Innovation