Review by Eamon Hoey
I recently reread Friedman’s book “Free to Choose”. I concluded governments in capitalist countries like their communist counterparts have been slow in dismantling socialist practices that grew uncontrollably in the 20th Century. Canada’s Brian Mulroney and Britain’s Thatcher made progress at containing Government growth. Since then Governments have turned on the […]
Below are books that deal with contemporary issues in business. They are not necessarily great books but books that deal with contemporary business issues.
Bagnall, James “100 Days – The Rush to Judgment that Killed Nortel”
“100 Days” is available from Amazon.com in Paperback or the Kindle Edition.
If you have wondered why […]
Below are books that can be useful in the management of change and culture within an organization.
Kotter, John P. “Leading Change”
Kotter addresses the role of leadership in crafting and executing strategy. He emphasizes the need for the leadership to make change happen. Kotter provides a road map (an eight stage process) to the crafting […]
Below are books that can be useful in crafting and executing strategy. These are “The Best of the Best”.
Drucker, Peter F. “Management Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices”
A classic must read management book. Drucker is the unchallenged management guru.
Porter, Michael E. “Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors” and “Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining […]
- “Free to Choose” by Milton Friedman
- Stumbling Corporate Stars
- Best of the Best Self-Management Books
- The Start-up of YOU!
- Why Companies Choose to Fail
- The Customer has Made a Comeback!
- Canada – 100 Times Slower Than Google Fibre!
- Innovation Trumps Cost Cutting
- Contemporary Business Books
- Gigabit Access, the Engine to Prosperity
- Sweating the Copper
- Time for BCE to Think Globally
- How to Improve the Performance of Acquisitions
- How to Forecast Your Rivals’ Strategic Moves
- How to Avoid the Pitfalls of Change Management
- IT – Afterthought or Disruptive Enabler for Strategic Change?
- Create Your Own Future!
- Best of the Best Books on Organizational Change and Culture
- Best of The Best Strategy Books
- Seven Beacons of Strategy Development
- Which Competitve Strategy?
- Five Crucial Activities of the Transformational Leader
- Strategic Abandonment Delivers Growth
- Entrepreneurs, the Forgotten Engine of Innovation