Headlines remind us every day we are in a new era. “The Big Shift” is creating extraordinary change in our social, political, economic, and commercial life. It is upending the world order as we knew it. This era of astonishing change is causing markets, products, and services to become obsolete. At the same time, it [...]
The task of crafting and executing strategy is a core leadership function. It is the starting point to maximize opportunities created by change and transform your organization. A firm’s strategy is the leadership’s game plan for achieving its vision, mission, and goals. It defines how you attract and please customers, grow the business, compete, and [...]
The transformational leader is the pivot to organizational transformation. So, what distinguishing activities does the transformational leader undertake?
The transformational leader engages in five critical activities:
Transformational leaders craft and execute a life altering strategic vision. New thinking is brought to the organization. It may occur at a strategic inflection point of the business; a [...]
Firms are reluctant to abandon the past in favour of a better tomorrow. They hang on to yesterday’s winners until they are made irrelevant by rivals. They hesitate to move from low to superior yield services/products. Abandoning a service appears to shrink revenues and profits. Hence they resist strategic abandonment.
For a growth strategy to [...]
In academic, government, and media circles it is fashionable to speculate why business fails to innovate. It is trendy to propose government driven solutions. Excluded from these chic conversations is the entrepreneur, the engine of innovation.
Buckets of studies conclude we lag on innovation. It is not unfair to suggest that these studies are nothing [...]
- Gigabit Access, the Engine to Prosperity
- Sweating the Copper
- Time for BCE to Think Globally
- How to Improve the Performance of Acquisitions
- How to Forecast Your Rivals’ Strategic Moves
- How to Avoid the Pitfalls of Change Management
- IT – Afterthought or Disruptive Enabler for Strategic Change?
- Create Your Own Future!
- Best of the Best Books on Organizational Change and Culture
- Best of The Best Strategy Books
- Seven Beacons of Strategy Development
- Which Competitve Strategy?
- Five Crucial Activities of the Transformational Leader
- Strategic Abandonment Delivers Growth
- Entrepreneurs, the Forgotten Engine of Innovation